Friday, March 25, 2011

Blackberry

What do I notice? What about that small device right in front of me that can do so many things. Call, text, surf the internet. Is there anything a cell phone cannot do nowadays? While there are still phones out there that are slower and not as advanced as others, the basic components are still there. It is so hard to believe that these small objects, some as little as credit cards and fit snugly in your pocket, used to be huge blocks. These little devices used to be owned by the rich and wealthy, and now every day people own one. Some even as young as Elementary School students also possess such a device. Manufacturers thrive on the constant need of America to consume, and periodically develop versions that are "better" and "faster" and more "stylish".

I, myself, am not satisfied with my Blackberry Curve. The little thing that allows me to do things a computer would. Are we ever going to be satisfied? Or are we always going to be striving after the "next thing"?

1 comment:

  1. Good questions, insightful observations, Victoria. I personally prefer old technology that I can navigate. Every time I get a new phone I'm in technology limbo for months...ugh!

    ReplyDelete